There have been many times when Jews and Muslims of Palestine went through this tortuous process of hope and pain but nothing has come out of these series of negotiations.
There is one country between the river Jordan and the Mediterranean, you can call it Israel or Palestine according to your own religious affiliation but the world must stop pretending that somehow you can carve out a state for Muslims in the country of Israel. The sooner everyone understands this better it will be for the future generations of Israel/Palestine.
Just the logic of creating a territory which is not coherent and crisscrossed by the Jewish settlements is warped. Here are just few of the reasons why two state solution will not work in practice.
- 1. Jews will not stop building new settlements
- 2. Muslims will never let go the right of return for their refugees just as Jews are returning from all parts of the world to settle in Israel/Palestine
- 3. Muslims will not want a state which will not have any security services to protect its borders
- 4. Israel will not allow free access between Gaza & West Bank
- 5. Hamas will not accept the current regime running Israel/Palestine
- 6. No Jewish government will give any concession to Muslims over the issue of Jerusalem
These are just few of the many issues that stop the creation of a Muslim state in Palestine which lead me to believe that two state solution is dead & buried in the holy land. The only viable solution to this issue is a single state comprising of Jews and the Muslims between the Mediterranean and the river Jordan. Palestinian areas have been crisscrossed by so many Jewish settlements that a viable Palestinian state is now impossible. Jerusalem should be the undivided capital of the new state and apartheid regime must end for peace to prevail in the land of David and Solomon.
1. Turkey Israel Ties - A Rift May Be Emerging
2.West Must Stop The Slaughter of Women, Children & Other Innocent Civilians At The Hands of Israelis
3.Israel is drawing up plans for an attack on Iran's nuclear infrastructure that does not require America's support, it has been claimed
4.Two brothers-in-law. Ya’ari, a machinery designer, lives a fractious, argumentative, bustling life in an Israel he perfectly mirrors.
5.Obama’s Comments on Israel Stir Criticism in U.S.
6.Israeli German Relations
7.Palestinians break through Egypt border
8.How do you end a conflict when everybody fighting thinks that God is on his side?
9.Can United States Of America Change It’s Course & The Way It Treats The World?
10.Syria's Assad Emails Sy Hersh: Peace With Israel Still Possible If America Mediates